Skip to content

General

28 results found

1. MegaShape Flatten axis

It would be useful if MegaShape Line flatten had a selectable plane, even if it was just X,Y,Z. Currently it always flattens to Y=0.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose handle positions for MegaShape Line in Inspector under Spline Data -> Knots

Expose handle positions for MegaShape Line in Inspector under Spline Data -> Knots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. need MorphExporters

I am new in 3dsMax and Unity,I've purchase MegaFiers plugin in 5/31,2017.
    I need to export the .mor file to unity,can you send me the MorphExporters?My 3dsMax version is 2017 and unity is 5.6.0f3.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Need MorphExporters

Hi,I've received your mail!
    Here is my invoice number :

2M132054R4319452J
    in 2017/6/1

My 3dsMax is 2017 and unity is 5.6.0f3
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Failed import in unity 5.6.0f3

I got an error when my "first time" import the package megafiersv3.34.

Here's the error message:

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name AssetStoreTools' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    Assets/AssetStoreTools/Editor/AssetStoreTools 1.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/AssetStoreTools/Editor/AssetStoreTools.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    error CS1704: An assembly with the same name
    AssetStoreToolsExtra' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    Assets/AssetStoreTools/Editor/AssetStoreToolsExtra 1.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/AssetStoreTools/Editor/AssetStoreToolsExtra.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Make non-selected Gizmo Handles translucent or disappear.

On both Megashapes' bezier curves and Megashapes' FFD gizmos, having only the selected control point display its transform gizmo would improve UI clarity. Currently all control points display their transform gizmo, appear at full size and brightness, even if there are several.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Please fix Mega Cache Issues with .mgc files in iOS builds for xCode.

I’ve tried putting the .mgc file in the Data folder, after the build, and xCode seems to almost work.

Should I put .mgc files directly in that Data folder, or maybe within some of the other folders within “Data?”

For example, there are the “Managed” & “Resources” folders, which in turn, have other folders within them.

Also, should I import the original .obj meshes into my Unity project, or does it matter now, since I’m using the .mgc cache?

xCode is prompting me with something like "..not supported on IL2CCP..." but I've tried the build with Mono2x scripting backend, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Performance of Attractor Scene on Nintendo 3DS(Low) Hardware

Hi, im developing for Nintendo 3DS with Unity based off 5.2.4. The Platform is 804 MHz ARM11 MPCore quad-core. Unfortunately its runs sub 10fps on my hardware.

Im new to using Unity but what are some simple changes I can make to the Attractor Demo Scene(with the waves) to make it run a bit faster. Ive reduced to textures and cant seem to delete Circle Shape 1 object to only have 1 wave without breaking the script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. The position of partice change in unity 5.3.3f1 with megacache

invoice number OR302640989

i think ur tutorial in youtube make me dizzy its just only little preview theres.

I work with 3ds max 2015, where I made a 250 frame animation with four particle first, third particle appears earlier in the first frame, and the particle into four appeared in 135 frames.

the question is whether megacache can export 4 particle simultaneously in max? and in unity to four particle appears in the frame to 135 as well.
    in unity I add to 4 particle with the object of each game is different.

or should I use different plugins?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Triggering mega-shape animation keyframes in animator

The whole loop, clamp, and ping-pong system isn't ideal for specifying small animation sequences.

I have a 2 frame export of a spline, and I need the spline to remain at it's default stance (spline's default frame 1) until Frame 870 in the animator, and then switch to the 2nd stance (spline frame 2)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. add MegaMorph control to the Playmaker actions

Was really astaonished to not find a Playmaker action to control the megamorph components sliders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Mega attach script for Path Deform

Mega attach works on "World Path Deform" but not the "Path Deform". It would be great if you could solve this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optimize Megashapes mesh when shape smoothness is set to 0

It would be very handy to create low poly collision meshes if the shape's step distance was set to be the exact length of the spline section when smoothness is set to 0. If you turn on 'make mesh', the sides of the mesh should correspond to the splines (chord?) length.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the Conform option in MultiMat loft

The conform feature in MegaMatMulti seems to be a bit arbitrary. When we conform our (totally flat) road on to our terrain, our road gets bumpy. This is hard to see in Unity, but if you bring the conformed mesh into maya, and scale it in Y, you´ll see a noticible offset.
    see image:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3439646/work/megashapes/conform.png

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not sure there is a lot I can do about that, the system does a raycast to whatever collider is below and uses the returned hit point to conform the loft, I think what you are seeing when you exaggerate the y scaling is floating point precision errors from the Unity collision system.

15. Automatically set stretch value for linepaths based on spline length

If path is being used to just do a complex deform on a object that takes up the entire path,such as megashapeline and not for a race track type use. The object needs to occupy the full extents of the path even if the path is stretched. So the stretch value needs to monitor the spline length. Minor issue though.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a selection on Megabook Pages for Page Gloss style

I tried to add gloss to my dynamic pages with a simple plane over the top of my dynamic pages, but get mixed results. Since page sheen would be something you would likely wan on all paged (if you were making a magazine or graphic novel) it would be cool to define the paper material as a transparent overlay. Im using a transparent glossy material in what I do, but just having mixed results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are just using texture based pages then you can pick any material for the pages, in the test book we did we used a texture to define different areas of gloss for where the textures would be for example. If you need something more complex you can use a custom mesh for the pages complete with its own material. Or if you are using the mesh content system then you would just need to have an overlay plane with the glossy material. You may run into issues of poke through if you dont space that enough.

17. Change the MegaBookMouseControl script to let you define a camera, instead of just using the Camera.Main, This would allow you to work

Be default, this script is just using the default camera, which may or may not be the camera in use at runtime. I had to change this in order to make my camera work, because Im using Render Textures

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That script is there as a helper and a guide to show how to use the API for controlling a book, but I will add an option for a camera param.

18. Scaling of path so handles don't become so huge you can't use them.

Currently I make a circle shape, radius of around 20, and then I scale my loft around 10x that, so maybe 40. I get the benefits of a much larger track without the extra vertices because I use the regular unity transforms on the X and Z. Bryan who made Unpossible for mobile (which did realllllly well) made suggestions to me.

One thing we got really really annoyed with though is when you scale the loft, now it's huge and perfect but you can't scale the path otherwise the transform handles get SO FREAKING BIG you can't do anything with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. MegaBook: Hot Key For Rebuild

Under the rebuild button can you add a check box with a drop down list to map the rebuild button to a key on the keyboard? Currently I am switching back and forth between text objects and the book object to see position updates and it would be great to position and element, hit a key on the key board/rinse/repeat for faster iteration.

Here is a reference that I found that should help:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MenuItem.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Multi loft controller

Mega shapes is great for building up a race track, but in order to achieve good performance with reasonable quality you need to subdivide the track into sections so the whole track mesh is not drawn always.

You can do this by exporting the geometry and breaking it down in a 3D modelling software and then reimport to unity. This approach works but its less than ideal.

My suggestion is to create a multi loft controller that creates n lofts and lets you control them as if they are 1. So when you change cross params and such they get…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base